While Justin was in Boston for the week, all of us got deathly sick for days in a row. Hudson had a fierce temp for a few days and had to stay home from school. By the second day home, he was so bored out of his mind! It was too cold to take him outside to ride his bike or play at the park, so after about ten rounds of Uno and a dozen games of Memory I decided to get creative. Then I remembered something a friend of mine had mentioned. She told me how her little girl loved to build landscapes for her toy animals out of beans and noodles and other dried food. So we pulled out everything we could find in the pantry and filled up a few dishes with colored water and let him go to town with his dinosaurs and sharks . Honestly, the kid sat there completely engaged in what he was doing for about three hours! I've never seen him so focused and content, it was wonderful having him busy and quiet- as quiet as dinosaurs can be, I'll gladly take the roaring and growling over whining and complaining! This will definitely be our go to activity on those days when the kids are home sick!
3 days ago

0 gave their two cents:
Post a Comment