Friday, June 1, 2018

Hudson's 3 Year Checkup

Hudson had his 3 year checkup and our Dr. gave us some surprising predictions for our soon to be professional football player! Hudson came in the 96th percentile for his height and weight and predicted that if he continues growing at this pace he will be taller than me (5'9") when he is only 13 and 6'3", 220 lbs by age 18. I was shocked to say the least, I've always known Hud was big boy but to hear your Dr. put it into perspective really surprised me. Justin's first reaction was; "Well, then we need to get the kid into some sports". Of course he was happy and also really excited! It was kind of a funny experience though. On our drive home from preschool, I reminded Hudson of his Dr. appointment later that day, He is absolutely terrified of the Dr. so I knew he would have a bad reaction. He instantly became angry and started crying, he started saying, "No mom, your just kidding me". I couldn't help but chuckle at that phrase, obviously there has been quite a bit of teasing in our family on this topic. Only because Hudson is so easily riled up about going to the Dr. Anyways, Swayzie also started crying, apparently bringing the two of them to Harbor's 2 month checkup was a traumatic experience for them. When we came home, I was able to calm them down by showing them exactly what the Dr. would be doing (of course leaving out the part about the 5 shots he would be having) and that seemed to help so when the time came to leave he wasn't screaming hysterically. Hudson attitude changed almost immediately as we entered the Dr. Office. He was so serious and quiet, he wouldn't even look up he just kept his head down as we waited. When the Dr. checked him out, he tried everything to get Hud to crack a smile but the kid wouldn't budge he kept his frowny face the entire time even I couldn't get the kid to smile. Anyone who knows Hudson knows he is a little jokester the kid loves to laugh at everything so this was so out of his character. I have to admit, it was a little funny for me to see him like that. Later, the nurse came in with his vaccines and Swayzie knew immediately what they were and she started to panic and cry, she told me she didn't want to be there so I told her to wait in the hall. She is for sure our dramatic one. The other Doctors had a pretty good chuckle as they walked by and noticed her crouched down with her hands covering her ears and her eyes tightly closed, it was a pretty hilarious scene. Hudson still didn't react at this point, just remained calm. I think I was more worked up then he was, I was clutching the kid so tight just waiting for him to cry. As I heard the lids popping of one after the other I kept waiting for a reaction, nothing. There was no way he was getting shots, the kid didn't even move! By the time I turned my head to look she was giving him his final shot and Hudson was just watching he didn't cry once. I was so proud of the kid, I was squeezing him and saying what a good job he did and the only thing he said a was; "I don't like those pokey fings". It was precious! Swayzie poked her head in to see if it was over and was so proud of her brave little brother. He is for sure our toughie!!

3 gave their two cents:

Cody, Ashley, Rilyn, Casen, Brigg, and Brooks said...

I love the dress Hud!! And oh my gosh the "you've gotta be kidding me mom" comment is too funny!! Harbor is getting way big! Shes so pretty! We need to get together for a mommy lunch soon. Rilyn and I are going out of town next week so maybe the week after would be good if its ok with you.

Anonymous said...

What a cute story. Love the picture of Hudson! That will be a great one for his wedding video someday!

Becky said...

he, he! You are so funny, I love the picture! I have always thought that Hudson was destined to be some type of sports star. Not only is he a cute kid, he has such a sweet heart! Ohhh, and Jonathan has been really into saying the kidding me thing too! So fun!