Last week we drove to Cali for our cousins wedding and had an absolute blast there. We realized it was the first time that our kids had ever been to the beach- sad, I know!! Usually, Justin and I try to escape there just the two of us for our anniversary every summer but this time we took the kids (minus Harbor) and Justin's Mom. The weather was perfect, although the water was FREEZING!! The kids still jumped right on in and would have stayed there all day if they could!! Of course with my luck our camera broke unexpectedly the second day we were there, so I didn't get to snap a single family picture while we were there!! I did, however catch an awesome shot of Justin trying to keep up with the pro surfers on his boogie board-hahaha!! We didn't realize that the US Open of Surfing was going to be held there that same weekend but enjoyed all of the free entertainment that came along with it!! Surrounding the surfing event, various other activities such as skateboard contests, BMX bicycle contests, and BMX motorcycle exhibitions were taking place. We were so stoked when we realized we had arrived there just in time to witness the insane BMX motorcycle tricks!! I think this was Hudson's favorite part, he would get so excited everytime they would flip or jump in the air!! Then, when we asked him if he wanted to do it he freaked out!! Swayzie loved looking for seashells on the beach almost to the point of obsession!! I knew that if she was in this mode there was no getting through to her. If I tried to talk to her while she was in the seashell-finding- zone her eyes would be fixated on the sand searching and searching for the perfect seashell, she could never focus on me or what I was saying- it was pretty funny! We probably collected close to a thousand seashells in the three days we were there!! It was so much fun though, I was so glad to be able to spend quality time with just the two of them, I think they've been feeling a little left out ever since Harbor joined the famo! It was some much needed bonding time!! Justin and I also celebrated our anniversary while we were there and went to the Cheesecake Factory it was delicious as always and later enjoyed a walk on the beach!! Justin's Mom was nice enough to watch the kids while we enjoyed a night out to ourselves!! We had a great time in California and were sad to leave, It was so nice to get away from the heat!! Can't wait until next summer!!
3 hours ago
1 gave their two cents:
Yea crazy last few weeks hopefully things will calm down! Three kids are WAY hard as I'm sure you know! Well we will be there for sure. Are you going to stay for your class? I'll call you though to find out details, luv ya lots!
Post a Comment