Friday, June 1, 2018

Play Day With Cousins











Saturday afternoon we drove out to Peoria where my sister lives and spent the day with the Harvey clan!! The kids had so much fun playing "horsey rides" with Ryan and Justin and even had a little chicken fight while on the horsey's!! Swayzie and Ridge easily won the challenge and London and Hudson were loving being shoved off their horsey. The kids also got to enjoy the chilly pool in the backyard and had a blast out there until poor Ridgey slipped and fell. The kids spent endless hours playing upstairs in London's room, we enjoyed a very detailed tour given by London. She showed Swayzie every piece of clothing hanging in her closet along with all of the cute accessories in her room. Those girls are absolutely hilarious together!! I overheard them arguing because Swayzie wanted to read some of London's books and London was upset because Swayzie wouldn't finish the tour that London had planned and so London decided they were not best friends anymore and started to head downstairs. Swayzie then came running out of London's room and yelled down the stairs; "okay London, please give me one more chance to be your best friend again" and London happily came running back upstairs. I love how quickly they are able to resolve their issues.

Nicolle and I got some much needed "girl time" in while the boys took care of the kids. We were both a little hesitant about leaving all five (yes, that's right FIVE) kids with them while we went for a little cruise and picked up the food. But the boys both insisted that we had nothing to worry about and that the kids were going to be fine. Well, when we arrived home about ten minutes later we found the boys plopped on the couch watching golf and the kids were nowhere in sight. We went upstairs to find them hiding behind London's bed, candy wrappers everywhere and the four of them devouring an entire bag of candy!! To give you a little visual; Hudson had an entire mouth full of gum he couldn't even close his mouth, London had two suckers in her mouth and Swayzie quickly began to shove candy down her shirt while chewing peanut m&m's as quickly as possible. I wish I had a camera ready at the time!! When I entered the room, they all quickly stashed the candy under the bed and tried to hide under whatever was near. It's amazing how sneaky they are already, I have no idea where they get it from!! It was quite a sight to be seen and of course the kids were completely wired the rest of the evening. Nicolle and I should have predicted that this would happen, I've learned that when sports are on my husband is completely unaware of his surroundings. I'm still curious as to how the kids were able to find the bag of candy which was on top of the refrigerator!
We always have so much fun when we hang out together, there is never a dull moment. The only downside is that the time always rushes by too fast!! Thank you Nicolle and Ryan for letting us turn your house upside down, we can't wait for you guys to come out next weekend!!

8 gave their two cents:

mandy said...

O.K, that was seriously way too funny-because it's true! That is totally how guys babysit. I love that you guys were barely even gone before the husbands sent them upstairs with candy. Cute story about the girls! They will have so much fun growing up together.

micah folsom photography said...

This sounds like it was a blast! Your description of your sneaky tots made me laugh out loud! I could totally picture what was happening! haha.

Pepper Lovin! said...

How fun! I wish my sisters lived close! how are you feeling. It's getting close.

Anyway,

I am having an open house tomorrow if you or any of your sisters want to come. check out my denim blog

www.denimlovers.blogspot.com

Harvey Family said...

Oh that was a fun night but it went way too fast! Our kids are so darn cute! Well I heard your taking over the kindercare today, you are one brave girl! If your not too tired I'm thinking of coming out today. Call me!

Harvey Family said...

Thanks for hooking a sista up! Our blogs did need a little face lift! I love love love the pink!!! I'm glad we all got together on Thursday that was way fun and it was good to see dad! I think we need to do something like that once a week!

micah folsom photography said...

ahh that recipe sounds so yummy! thanks so much i will definitely try it out soon!

Cox Family said...

So are you ready to have that little girl yet? Your kids are beautiful!

I just started a blog too

www.azcoxfamily.blogspot.com

Brooks Family ♥ said...

I can't believe you are about to have your 3rd kid! How exciting. Remember when we went "bisquiting" haha NEVER again!