Friday, June 1, 2018

My Little Turkey's

Thanksgiving started out bright and early, we had to prep the Turkey and get it in the oven before 6 AM and Justin and the kids had to be out the door before 8 AM to make it in time for the turkey trot. I was hoping to be able to run with Justin but by Wednesday I knew there was no way I could go with all the cooking and baking that needed to be done, so I stayed home and tended to the feast.


(Swayzie and Hudson trying to get a head start)

Daddy ran the turkey trot while Swayzie and Hudson ran the fun run with their Aunt Meggy and Uncle Tee. While they were running with the kids, Swayzie kept running ahead and they ended up loosing sight of her. They weren't too worried though, because they thought Justin would be waiting for her at the finish line. Unfortunately for her though, Daddy decided to get a shot of them in action, running the race:



So when Swayzie reached the finish line, Daddy was no where to be found, she decided to walk to the car, thinking he might be there. When she couldn't find the car and was wandering around aimlessly, a woman found her and took her to a booth where they announced Justin's name over the intercom. He couldn't hear it because of the amount of people that were there, it was packed and loud. He was obviously panicking and debating whether or not to call 911, I can't imagine how scared I would have been. Luckily, a friend from our ward called Justin's cell and told him he was with Swayz. Uncle Stew was with her too, but didn't have his phone on him to call. I didn't hear a word about the situation until they were driving back home, Justin started out the convo by saying "Wanna hear a funny story?" Yeah, real funny babe! The kids had fun regardless, and Swayzie forgot about all the drama by the time she came home and saw the assortment of food waiting for her.

The turkey turned out delish, among other things. We had Justin's family over along with most of my family and everyone brought a side and a pie which made for a feast fit for a king. Needless to say, we were living on cranberry-turkey sandwhich rolls and pie for a week straight without ever getting sick of it. It was so fun to host our first Thanksgiving, it couldn't have worked out better! I can't say it enough, we honestly feel so blessed to be surrounded be so many supportive and loving family members! Our kids benefit so much from having close relationships with all of their Aunts, Uncles and Cousins. Thanks to everyone who came and helped, we loved having you!

0 gave their two cents: