Well, it finally happened, we enjoyed a good six month stretch of zero sickness and it was swell while it lasted, but like all good things it had to come to an end. Justin came home from work Monday feeling sick, I knew it must have been bad for him to complain about it! Not thirty minutes passed after he walked through the door that he was dodging towards the bathroom. I armed myself with the disinfectant spray and followed him around like a mad woman, sanitizing everything he touched, then started whipping up some Emergen-C. I should know by now, this doesn't really help and it's only a matter of time before it spreads. Well spread it did, like wildfire, next thing I knew Swayzie and Hudson were down, it was like a chain reaction one kid after the next. I knew if I could just keep myself and the baby from getting it, we'd be fine. I can handle everyone else being sick, but me being sick on top of it takes it to a whole nother level. The next day Summit and I were out cold, Justin had to go back to work, so I was left to fend for myself and three other sicklings. It seriously took every muscle in my body to get out of bed the next morning, thankfully the kids are old enough to make it to the toilet, so at least I wasn't cleaning up messes. I don't know what kind of bug it was, but it was seriously no laughing matter- it hit you like a ton of bricks! Harbor put up a good fight but finally succumbed to the bug, she was just too out numbered! She threw up twice this morning and asked for a band aid over her mouth each time. Poor girl, it's hard when they're so little and don't understand. At least I know she'll be over it in 24 hours and then we will finally be rid of it, hopefully for good and pray that we get another six months before it happens again!!
3 days ago

1 gave their two cents:
I love that she asked for a bandaid! Thats great! I'm sorry you guys all got sick though. That stinks!
Post a Comment