The last few weeks have been so crazy but fun, it seems like the days are just flying by! We have been so busy with all the Halloween craziness, birthdays and family get-togethers! It has been a roller coaster ride of fun, but I'm ready for things to start settling down. I get the feeling though, now with three kids running wild and a baby that craves attention, that day may never come!
Pocahontas was actually supposed to be Tinkerbelle this year, however she refused to wear her costume. Instead, she opted for Pocahontas which was two sizes too big! This girl is so finicky when it comes to clothing, she is all about comfort!
One more picture before the Trunk or Treat party! Summit's costume stayed on a total of five minutes. At least we got one picture of the four of them.Our ward trunk or treat was a hit! There was tons of food and games and dancing-the kids' favorite part! The kids had so much candy from the zoo and the trunk or treat that we decided against taking them out for a third time on Sunday. I think that makes us bad parents, luckily though I don't think they even knew the difference.
Friday night, we went to the Zoo "Howl-O-Ween". The kids had a blast, despite having to go through all of the haunted houses that were recommended for ages 8 and up!
We tried to get them to stand next to the headless horseman but they refused, so we settled for the clown.
Waiting in line for the first haunted house, the kids had no idea what they were in for! Hudson was literally shaking by the time it was over, we could tell by a few looks that were given our way, that there were definitely a few people questioning our parenting. Swayz and Harbor weren't even phased by it, but Swayzie did mention that if there were floating vampires, then she would for sure have been scared! Silly girl!
The kids racked it in on the candy and treats! I was surprised at all of the fun booths and activities they had for the kids.
We celebrated Jakey's birthday last weekend, Stacey and Nicolle drove out and Jessi prepared the food! I really wish we would have come to the party hungry because there was literally enough food to feed an army! I don't know why I even bothered making him a cake, Jessi made one and he had my Dad buy him an ice-cream cake! The kid is a sugar feen!
This is the infamous Nicolle pose, I don't know where she came up with this hand gesture (maybe it's a west side thing), but she seems to pull it out every time there is a camera near by! Love ya Colie!!
For Fall break we took the kiddos to Prescott for a little getaway. Justin had to go to California for the week, so I was a little worried about taking all the kids by myself. For most of the trip, it was just us four girls to all nine kids and Jake (which counts for two wild hooligans). There were definitely some chaotic moments, but the kids had a blast! I caught the flue on Friday, which ended the trip a bit early, but we had a great time nonetheless.
Hudson and baby Rocky! Thank goodness for little helpers that love to hold babies, otherwise I don't think we would have survived.
I love these little girlies friendship, they are both so used to getting their way-being the oldest and all, so they are always getting into little tiffs. Somehow though, they always manage to work it out.
The thing I love most about our Prescott getaways, is that there is constant entertainment for the kids. They are free to run wild and I never have to hear the words "I'm so bored!" There was always something going on whether it was a card game, hide and go seek in the dark, a wrestling match or Karaoke. There was an endless supply of entertainment!Swayzie was rockin this song out- I seriously had the song "Time After Time" stuck in my head for three days straight!! This girl loves to sing, almost more than her Auntie Colie! I have no idea where she gets it from!!












6 gave their two cents:
Cute cute!! I love the little chicky costume! So how much harder is 4 than 3? Trying to decide if we should add one more or just stick with 3? I say with 3 already what is 1 more...right :D
Oh my gosh I miss you guys!!! Feels like Prescott was forever ago!! London has next Thursday and Friday off! We would love to come bombard you or meet up at the museum! Love you Chel! Oh and the polygamy idea is on for sure! After this halloween though, I'm thinkin' Ry might have to play the part of the sister wife! Loved your costumes!:)
ok--You're Tiger/Elin costumes were hilarious. So creative!!! Looks like you had a blast--miss you all!
Love the costumes! You guys are awesome!
Elin and Tiger! Hands down best couple costume idea!! You are always so creative! Love it!!
Post a Comment