
This year for General Conference, I decided to go all out and make an extravagant breakfast on Sunday morning. I love the idea of family traditions and thought we should start making a few of our own. Growing up my family always looked forward to General Conference not only for the spiritual nourishment but also my Mothers good wholesome baking! It was a rare occasion and a real treat when we got to enjoy those delicious cinnamon rolls, I remember the smell would linger around the house for days afterward but we knew they were long gone by then. I didn't make the cinnamon rolls this time, hopefully my Mother will give up the recipe before next Conference rolls around!
Monkey Bread:
(My substitute for Mom's cinnamon rolls this year)
Place one pkg (24) frozen Rhodes Rolls in a greased 9x13 pan. Mix 1 C. brown sugar, 1 small pkg regular butterscotch pudding (not instant), and 1 tsp cinnamon. Sprinkle over rolls. Melt 1/2 C. butter, pour over. Let stand overnight on counter. Bake at 325 for 30-35 minutes. Let set 10 minutes. Turn upside down on plate and serve.
3 hours ago
1 gave their two cents:
wow your good! I am going to have to try the bread! sounds yummy
Post a Comment