Friday, June 1, 2018

Feelin' the LOVE!

We've been keeping pretty busy around here with a few last minute Valentine's projects. First off, let me just say I have never decorated for Love Day before, but after looking at a few super cute craft blogs, I felt inspired to make a few things. It's now my favorite holiday to decorate my house for, we are definitely feeling the love! The kids' valentines were also not my idea, wish I could claim credit but I found them on a craft blog too.

The kids are so excited to hand these puppies out tomorrow!
Hudson's 'stache is made out of sticky felt, so the back peels off like a sticker. I showed up at school to pick them up with one of these on, and it caught them a little off guard. I wish I had a picture to show you their reaction, it was priceless! Now the kid's have been wearing them everywhere!
One of my favorite things about holiday's is getting to see the cute art projects the kids come home from school with, they are always so adorable!
My neighbor, Bekah was so sweet and invited us over to her house so that the kids could make some valentine buckets to store all of their valentines in. I wish I would have taken my camera so I could show you how cute it all was! She had cookies and treats all laid out on the table and served up pink raspberry hot chocolate, with marshmallows and whipped cream in the cutest little glass mugs! Thanks so much for the fun day Bekah! I also learned that Harbor will devour anything that's pink! Which has already come in handy, since she is the pickiest eater in our bunch!
This is Harbor's heart that she helped cut and decorate. We spent all Saturday morning making a heart banner and the kids loved it. Justin had to work and I desperately needed something to occupy the kids while I worked on my talk for church the next day and this did just the trick!
Swayzie's heart she had some pretty clever words...
And Hud's heart, he went above and beyond and made a picture on each one!
The finished product!
These pictures are a little out of sorts, but here they are happily working together quietly! Love these little moments!
Another easy project I did while watching a movie with the hubs!
Check out those cute jars!! My sweet friend, Rachel came by and surprised me with these lovely's! Such an awesome surprise, given I hadn't seen her in like three years!!! Yes, the jars were filled entirely with candy, I should have taken the picture right after she dropped them off, you'd think I'd learn by now that sweets never EVER last a day in our home!
Another last minute project. I needed a centerpiece for our table before everyone came over for the superbowl party and had this little planter box that my mother in law gave me a few years back, I just stenciled the letters on and Justin helped me cut out the hearts... easy as pie!
My easy, peasy yarn wreath... LOVE it!
Can we all just take another moment to stare at my favorite... ahhh I'm in love! Rachel, thank you SO much!! I think after she left, I just sat and stared at them, jaw dropped for about ten minutes! Now it's my turn to gift her... how will I ever top this!? Idea's... anyone!?

3 gave their two cents:

Cody, Ashley, Rilyn, Casen, Brigg, and Brooks said...

Those jars are way cute. All of your valentines decorations are cute. Swayzie looks like a princess in her dance pictures. How lucky to have a daddy daughter dance. So cute! Miss you guys!

Natalie said...

ok lady--can you just come to my house for a week and help me decorate? It looks like POO compared to yours. I don't have a crafty bone in my body. I SERIOUSLY need you to let me know when you are doing a craft, send me a list of the items needed and a photo of the finished item so I can flat out copy you. You think I'm kidding but I'm not...HELP ME!!!

Pepper Lovin! said...

Ok NO NEED to top! Just something fun! I loved that fb Idea though. How fun to get to give some homemade gifts right? ok so on MOnday you want to go up to strawberry and go sledding? Its suppose to snow on sat and sunday.