Friday, June 1, 2018

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

This week for family night, we went and picked out the perfect Christmas tree at Home Depot along with a few ornaments. Each year we let the kids pick out their very own ornament and write their names on the back along with the year. It's so fun for them to decorate the tree, they spent hours making sure that each ornament was in just the right spot ( they tend to be a little meticulous when it comes to things like this). They also loved setting up the little nativity scene that has been repositioned almost a thousand times now. It's so fun for us to pass on traditions we had with our own family onto our kids, I felt like a kid again decorating the tree and drinking hot cocoa . It was just like old times!






Later that night we wrote Santa our wish list and I got a good laugh out of Swayzie's list, it consisted mainly of Barbie’s, dresses, puppies and makeup. It filled the entire page. We gave a little lesson on being grateful for the things that we have and taught them about other children that are not as privileged. Well, she's starting to get a little too smart for her own britches, she was sure to pipe in and let us know that Santa gives presents to all of the children. I don't know if we really got anywhere, she may be a little disappointed when Christmas rolls around. Next week we plan to have her donate her toys that she doesn't play with as often, I have a feeling she may not have the best reaction to it. After we vetoed a few of the items wanted on her list we stamped and mailed them off to the North Pole. This Christmas has been so much fun, especially now that our kids grasp the concept of Santa , I have to admit it's been nice to pull out the Santa card every so often when their throwing a major temper tantrum!



2 gave their two cents:

Ashley -The Cutest Blog on the Block said...

Yay! I'm so happy you have a family blog now! What an amazingly beautiful famaily you have! And congrats on the pregnancy! How fun for you guys! We need to get together again soon. :)

Ashley

The Johnson Family said...

Chelsea!! I'm glad you found us!! I love your family, Swayzie cracks me up and Hudson is just a stud!! It's been forever since we've all gotten together, let's all do lunch soon.....maybe within the next month or so!! he! he! Keep in touch, I'm glad you joined the whole blogging world.....it's insane!!