Didn't I just post about having a baby!? I can't believe it has already been a month!! The whole birthing experience already seems so long ago and yet I haven't even had a chance to share his birth story! So far raising four has presented it's challenges, for example, loading up to troops for school every morning is somewhat of a workout. I come home feeling sweaty, tired and ready for a nap yet, it's not even 8:00 am!
We are still enjoying our hermit stage, laying low and soaking in this newborn phase! The grunts, grins, cuddles, oh yes, and the smell! That intoxicating scent that melts your heart and makes you feel like singing! I can't begin to describe the feelings I have when a new baby arrives, sleep has no meaning to me when this baby is in my arms. I lie awake next to him for hours, just starring at him and trying to savor every little moment! I feel so blessed to be able to raise another one of these sweet spirits!
Harbor just adores her little "buddy", she loves to kiss him, hold him and rub noses with him. Every morning she greets us with a deafening "HI BUDDY" and then nuzzles him head to toe. She also thinks that she is entitled to every inch of him anytime she is holding him. If you so much as try and nibble a cheek, you are quickly reprimanded with a harsh "mine!" This kid isn't missing any bit of loving, he is almost always in the arms of someone in this home. Swayzie and Hudson race home from school each day, plop on the couch and wait for their turn to hold him. Neither one can get enough of this young brute!
Swayzie is like a little mother hen with him, I guess after helping with two younger siblings this is just second nature to her. I love to watch her with him, it's like a little mommy in the making, swaddling him, burping him and soothing him. She will make a great mommy someday! Hudson, is just as eager to help, although his hands aren't quite as gentle, he is great with bottle feedings, fetching the binky and blowing raspberries on his tummy. We have concluded that this boy is a near spitting image of Hudson, the creases in the eyebrows, the soft pudgy nose, even his temperament. If all babies were as perfect as this little guy, I just might consider having a six more!
We are still enjoying our hermit stage, laying low and soaking in this newborn phase! The grunts, grins, cuddles, oh yes, and the smell! That intoxicating scent that melts your heart and makes you feel like singing! I can't begin to describe the feelings I have when a new baby arrives, sleep has no meaning to me when this baby is in my arms. I lie awake next to him for hours, just starring at him and trying to savor every little moment! I feel so blessed to be able to raise another one of these sweet spirits!
Harbor just adores her little "buddy", she loves to kiss him, hold him and rub noses with him. Every morning she greets us with a deafening "HI BUDDY" and then nuzzles him head to toe. She also thinks that she is entitled to every inch of him anytime she is holding him. If you so much as try and nibble a cheek, you are quickly reprimanded with a harsh "mine!" This kid isn't missing any bit of loving, he is almost always in the arms of someone in this home. Swayzie and Hudson race home from school each day, plop on the couch and wait for their turn to hold him. Neither one can get enough of this young brute!
Swayzie is like a little mother hen with him, I guess after helping with two younger siblings this is just second nature to her. I love to watch her with him, it's like a little mommy in the making, swaddling him, burping him and soothing him. She will make a great mommy someday! Hudson, is just as eager to help, although his hands aren't quite as gentle, he is great with bottle feedings, fetching the binky and blowing raspberries on his tummy. We have concluded that this boy is a near spitting image of Hudson, the creases in the eyebrows, the soft pudgy nose, even his temperament. If all babies were as perfect as this little guy, I just might consider having a six more!
Summit Facts:
- He grunts and growls more than any child I have ever met, Harbor has mistaken him for baby Simba several times for this very reason.
- Has yet to lose a strand of all that dark hair.
- Despises tummy time, yet he's pretty good at keeping his head up and steady.
- Yesterday was his longest day awake. He woke up with us at six and didn't fall back asleep until after ten.
- He is a porker and eats about double what he should be.
- He wakes up about two to three times at night and is awake about two hours a day.
- I've caught him laughing in his sleep about a dozen times, followed by a snort.
- When he is not being held, he loves to watch mommy cook from the kitchen counter.
- Almost never cries, but the constant grunting makes up for that.
- He has consciously smiled at me twice, no blaming those ones on gas!
- He loves his baths and falls asleep during them almost every time.
- Being his mommy is the best thing in the world!






2 gave their two cents:
He is so cute! I wish we were there to meet him and hold him! If hes so pefect does that mean the number of Read kids will be going up sometime in the futur? :) I love all of his dark hair! I hope he keeps it! All of your kids look so happy to have him. Thats so great! Hope to see you all in a few months when we come visit AZ!
SOOO cute! I love his name. Let me guess after Snow Summit? Awesome. I hope you guys are well.
Post a Comment