Friday, June 1, 2018

Back to School

Who's ready for school???
Hudson of course had to jump into the picture, and heaven forbid he didn't get to snap a shot with his lunchbox and backpack!
So excited for first grade!!
Look at that cheesy grin!!
I think the fear started to set in here, she looks a bit nervous. Luckily her good friend Sevilla from preschool is in her class!!

Swayzie has been so excited to start first grade, she has been asking me for weeks when school would start again. So when it was time for open house and she FINALLY got to meet her teacher she was so excited to find out several of her friends were in her class. I was a little worried about how she would do, she was only in AM kindergarten so I was worried about how she would adjust to all day. And to be honest, I was worried for myself about how I'd do without my little helper around! I was so relieved when she came skipping home and so excited about her day, I do miss her tons, but I am so glad she loves it! She adores her teacher, Mrs. Melton and was ecstatic about having THREE recesses and getting to eat lunch there. She talks an awful lot about boys and kissing, which concerns me...First grade??? Justin nearly choked on his food when we were sitting at the dinner table and she brought up the subject. Luckily, she is one of the few girls in her class that thinks it is "so disgusting" and suprisingly enough, she stated that she just isn't quite ready for a boyfriend commitment, WOW, what a relief!!

2 gave their two cents:

Harvey Family said...

I literally yelled out loud and scared Ryan to death when I saw you finally updated! I miss those kids like crazy! Swayzie looks so much to me like us girls at that age!

Cody, Ashley, Rilyn, Casen, Brigg, and Brooks said...

Oh Swayzie! I can't believe shes in 1st grade!! I love the kissing boys stories. Thats great! I can't wait until Rilyn is old enough to come home with stories like that just so I can see Cody's reaction. Knowing our husbands when the girls finally are old enough to go on dates they'll go buy shotguns and be sitting in the front room cleaning them just to make sure that the boys are scared to do anything stupid to the girls!