My family was pretty hacked off at me this year, I took April Fools to a whole 'nother level and had some pretty good laughs! We started out just making these cute little hamburger cookies for Swayzie to take to her class. We spent a good hour together making them late at night and had a great time plotting how she was going to fool her class. I love that she is a little tease at heart, just like her Mama!

After she went to bed, I went to work making their lunches:

After she went to bed, I went to work making their lunches:

Apples with gummy worms inside.
Once I knew they were sound asleep, I tip-toed upstairs and switched their beds, Hudson was so confused when he woke up in Swayzie's room. I also painted Hudson's toes red and died Swayzie's hair pink with kool-aid. Worst idea ever... her hair is still tinted pink!
Swayzie was the first one to come downstairs for breakfast, when Harbor saw her hair she said "Swayzie, pretty pink" and was pointing to her hair. Swayzie didn't quite catch on. It wasn't until Hudson came downstairs and looked at her with a confused face and said "What happened to your hair?" She must have assumed she had really bad bed head, because she started petting it down. I continued to downplay it, "Swayz, it looks fine, don't worry about it." But Hudson finally shouted, "Why is her hair PINK!?" That's when she lost it.
She started grabbing the ends of her hair and seeing that they were pink, she ran to the bathroom. I honestly thought she would like it, or at least think it was funny. I was totally wrong, it took all morning to calm her down and convince her that it would wash out. I feel so bad now that it's still not out. I read that it would wash out in three days, I guess that confirms that you really can't believe everything you read on the internet.
To lighten up Swayzie's mood I told her about all the funny pranks I pulled on Daddy, the kids all thought it was hilarious that Daddy had a sign taped to the back of his car that read; Honk, it's my birthday! Thanks to all the honkers out there that supported!!
He was an easy one to prank, because he leaves early every morning to go to the gym before work and he packs a gym bag every night and leaves it by the door. I went through it last minute and took out his deodorant and covered it with cream cheese.
The last trick came to mind right as I was going to bed, and it was my favorite! So, in Justin's gym bag he packs a fresh pair of his unmentionables and I had a few Hershey's kisses laying out that I used in a recipe earlier that day... do you see where this is going? Yes, I did actually go that far... I melted the chocolate and poured it in his undies!
Just imagine, a locker room filled with a bunch of macho guys. Justin, fresh out of the shower pulls out his gym bag and grabs his bottoms. Casually, he steps one foot in and looks down in complete shock and disgust. He quickly peeks around to see if anyone is looking, and pulls them closer to get a better look. Once he realizes that he will have to go commando the rest of the day, it's no longer a funny joke. I guess I should have thought to pack an extra pair. Oh, I so wish I could have been there to see his reaction!
We finished off the night with what the kids thought was berry pie, they were so excited to be eating dessert for dinner! It was actually meatloaf with mashed potatoes tinted with Cranberry sauce and it was delicious!


2 gave their two cents:
I'm laughing so hard right now! I love you chelsea! Thats too funny!!
hahah I LOVE it. what was his reaction. he had to have called you! You are such a dang fun mom. we need to seriously play
Post a Comment