Last week we headed to Cali for one last family getaway before things get a little crazy with the new baby's arrival. So we packed up and headed to San Diego for a few days to enjoy the beach, weather and fireworks. It was such a fun and relaxing trip with the kiddos, just what I was craving! Cali is definitely my happy place, it's such a laid back atmosphere. Justin and I always try and think up scenarios of how we could afford to live there, maybe if he was a professional golfer or a famous swimsuit model... maybe we could afford a tiny shack on the beach! We're allowed to dream, right?
It was Harbors first encounter with the ocean, and lets just say it took her a little while to warm up to it. That doesn't mean she didn't get swept away several times before she had a chance to even think about running away. It was comical, and eventually she learned to love it! Our kids are little beach babes and could just bathe in the sand all day!
It was Harbors first encounter with the ocean, and lets just say it took her a little while to warm up to it. That doesn't mean she didn't get swept away several times before she had a chance to even think about running away. It was comical, and eventually she learned to love it! Our kids are little beach babes and could just bathe in the sand all day!

Our first day at the beach we soaked in a little too much sun, the weather was so nice we couldn't feel the sunburn frying our skin!
Daddy and Swayzie gettin their Frisbee on!

This video is my favorite, you'll have to excuse my uncontrollable laughter! I blame it on the pregnancy!

These beach bums could play out here all day, they were little worker bees building their sandcastles and searching for shells.

They found tons of crabs, shells and even a clam! They were also lucky enough to spot a few dolphins not too far from the beach. Hudson started shouting shark! Shark! Not quite, but way to keep an eye out, bud! It took him a little while after that to gain up the courage to stick his feet back in the ocean!

Daddy was getting a serious kick out of burying them, Harbor wasn't too keen on the idea of being stuck in the sand.

Chasing the waves!
It took so much momentum to get this girl to even come close to the water and when a wave would wash up she booked it!
Of course when mommy spotted the cold stone creamery down the street from our hotel I just couldn't resist the tempting Birthday Cake Remix, we had to make a pit stop!
We had a great time!! The kids wore themselves out and slept so good at night! We were able to watch The Big Bay Boom fireworks show from our hotel, and it was amazing! It was seriously the biggest show I had ever seen, you could feel every firework go off and it lasted forever! It was the perfect cap to a perfect trip! This is definitely a new family tradition of ours, Justin and I love our Cali getaway trips, but it was so much better this time with the kiddos there with us! It was worth all the extra work and cleanup... I am still finding little grains of sand all over my house and van... just a sweet little reminder of all the fun we had!




2 gave their two cents:
What a fun trip! You all look very happy to be beach bums. Chelsea you look awesome! I can't wait to see this new little baby. I have a feeling hes going to look just like his brothers and sisters.
That looks like such a fun trip! I have been dying to go to the beach this summer, I'm so excited for you and your family, can't wait to hear when this new little one gets here! :)
Post a Comment