Friday, June 1, 2018

Pulling Teeth is a Family Affair

Checking out the tooth
He was beyond excited!
Dr. Swayzie to the rescue
I think we may have a future hygienist in the making!
I love this one, when Hudson would flinch, she would try to take his mind off the pain by telling him about the tooth fairy! Way to keep it positive Swayz!
Mommy's turn!
Bring out the Dental floss!
Hudson's not ready to give up!!
Hallelujah! It's finally out!!


Here in the Read household, pulling teeth is a family event. When Hudson came home from his dentist appointment, he was so excited to share the news that, according to the Dentist, his two bottom front teeth were lose! So for the next couple of weeks we waited and waited for those teeth to show any sign that they were ready. Hudson insisted we check them everyday. Finally, last Friday when he came home from school, I checked his teeth as requested and sure enough one of those teeth was feeling just about ready. I told him that if we gave it more time it would't hurt so much, but that boy was persistent! Justin was hesitant that it still wasn't quite ready but Hudson wouldn't take no for an answer.

Dr. Swayzie and her patient, Hudson worked on that tooth for what seemed like an eternity with no luck! Mommy even tried tugging on it a few times, but it was a stubborn little tooth! We resorted to dental floss and the door handle, but when that didn't work, it looked like Huddy was going to have to wait. When he saw that everyone had finally given up on it, I watched as the look of shock, confusion and fear emerged across his face and with that he looked himself straight in the mirror and with all his might, gave it one final yank! I heard a crack and looked to see the damage, sure enough Hudson had pulled it out all on his own! That is determination, if I've ever seen it! When he realized what he had done, he broke out into laughter! I was relieved that it was over and Huddy wasn't disappointed! He was excited to find two dollars waiting under his pillow the next morning from the tooth fairy... lucky boy!

0 gave their two cents: